Why? Well, because an egg is known as a ‘powerhouse’ for a couple of credible reasons. One, a whole egg is scarcely 72 calories with 6 grams of high-quality protein and 5 grams of fat. It also contains all the essential vitamins like B6, B12, and D. Furthermore, a whole egg is nutrient-dense and aids in muscle recovery, especially after rigorous workouts. This is the primary reason why fitness gurus and athletes consume eggs for sports in greater quantities.
The Rise of Health-Conscious IndiansIndian are quite enthusiastic to adopt a healthy lifestyle and a decent physique. This has consequently increased their interest in the dietary preferences of athletes. Over time, many affluent Indians are now turning to customised dietary plans that include rich sources of protein and other essential amino acids. Furthermore, as tailored dietary plans find more importance, the benefits of eating eggs have developed in popularity. It retains a unique distinction in helping Indians to achieve their sporting milestones too!
Dutee Chand Turns to Eggs to Replenish Her Energy
For instance, Dutee Chand, a popular international sprinter, starts off her breakfast with boiled eggs and milk. For someone engaged in a difficult set of exercises, eggs have had a considerable impact on energy. Training for hours on end without losing energy requires a substantial energy reserve.
How Eggs Helped Boxer Shiva Thapa Maintaining Weight?On a similar note, Shiva Thapa is an Indian boxer who participated in the 2012 London Olympics and won a bronze medal at the 2015 Doha Championships. He has something similar to say about the benefit of eating eggs. Since boxing necessitates the division of competing athletes by weight, Thapa must maintain his weight at 60 kilograms. This is where he credits eggs. His breakfast consists of, among other assorted healthy delicacies, a generous serving of boiled eggs. The consumption of eggs allowed him to attain his nutritional goals by hitting his daily protein requirements pretty easily. Moreover, this rich source of protein helped him retain his weight for the bantamweight category.
Vijender Singh Credits Eggs with Assisting Him in Losing WeightEven Vijender Singh, the maiden Indian boxer to win an Olympic medal, credited eggs with sustaining his dietary requirements. He stated it helped him shed the extra kilos to retain his weight category. To him, four or five boiled or fried eggs in the morning are an integral constituent of his breakfast.
Michael Phelps Eagerly Consumes Three Fried Egg Sandwiches Each DayMichael Phelps is the most decorated Olympian in all of history. He took the sporting world by surprise by revealing his 10,000 calories diet during his heyday. His fondness for eggs is not a secret either. He considers three fried egg sandwiches an absolutely essential component of his breakfast.
Cristiano Ronaldo Loves to Eat Scrambled Eggs
Lastly, even the soccer doyen Cristiano Ronaldo has conveyed his penchant for scrambled eggs, a delicacy he savours with utmost satisfaction. Given the impeccable benefits of eating eggs, athletes incorporate eggs into their diets to attain the balance and energy they seek. With this in mind, let’s deep dive into the nutritional facts of eggs for all you fitness geeks.
Excellent Source of Protein:
- Fitness enthusiasts and athletes lean towards protein powders and supplements to hit their protein goals. However, even eggs reside in a similar arena.
- An egg contains approximately 6 gm of protein, Which helps in muscle growth, repair, and maintenance.
- Athletes who do competitive training aim for 3,000-5,000 calories per day with a target of 180-200 grams of protein. They eat eggs twice or sometimes even thrice a day by including them in every meal or snack.
Rich in Vitamins:
- The most nutritious thing about eggs for sports people is that they are low in calories yet packed with essential vitamins and minerals.
- A whole egg helps one in attaining vital vitamins such as B1, B2, B6, B12, and D. Moreover, it also contains minerals like zinc and magnesium.
- Vitamins play a crucial role in keeping your body energized.
- It’s a well-known fact that athletes need to have a healthy heart that helps them in endurance-related activities.
- Eggs-inclusive diets have numerous benefits for physically active people as they are packed with healthy fats in the unsaturated form.
- Eggs fulfil the requirements of omega-3 fatty acids. This specific form of fatty acid is associated with inflammation control and bolstering heart health.
- When we talk about the benefits of eggs in the fitness industry, they are endless. And one such benefit is the 250mg of choline content in nutritious eggs.
- Choline is an essential vitamin-like nutrient and plays a major role in cognitive development. This helps athletes stay sharp, focused, and attentive during sporting sessions.
- Additionally, choline is also responsible for delaying the onset of fatigue in the human body. This helps the athletes to perform better and for a longer duration.
- Most athletes prefer to look lean and keep off the extra fat from their bodies. Well, they don’t need to look beyond eggs.
- Eggs for sports-passionate people can work like a charm since an egg is protein-rich which keeps you full for a long time and delays the hunger pangs.
- Further, the benefits of eating eggs slightly increase the metabolism causing the human body to burn more calories even during the rest state.
The quantity of eggs you ought to consume while training is dependent on your fitness and activity levels. Given that you are a moderate-level athlete, 3-5 boiled eggs with 18-30 grams of protein per day with a balanced diet is sufficient enough to hit your daily goals.
But How Many Eggs Are Sufficient for Athletes?
There exists a plethora of ways in which you can consume an egg. For instance, you can choose from a sunny-side up, omelette, an egg sandwich, or a colourful egg chaat. A professional athlete who partakes in heavy lifting or rigorous sports can have up to 12 eggs each day. This will keep them nourished and reduces fatigue.
Why Prefer Eggs Over Protein Supplements?
- For instance, if you are vegetarian and unable to hit your daily protein requirements, the supplements will be a great help for you in meeting the calorie requirements.
- If you can hit your daily protein goals, you should put more emphasis on eggs since they are beneficial in the long term.
- If consumed in moderate amounts, eggs tend to go easy on your heart and can significantly decrease the risk of developing heart disease.
- Eggs are rich in nutrients, vitamins, and fatty acids, which are more than sufficient for an athlete’s day-to-day performance and nutritional requirements. That’s why it’s highly preferable to buy farm-fresh eggs online from Eggoz Nutrition.
With all the aforesaid aspects in mind, eggs make up for a fulfilling breakfast, nutritious lunch, and light dinner. Eggs are extremely beneficial when consumed in conjunction with a low-carb diet, fruits, and vegetables. There are multiple benefits of eating eggs that help athletes to fulfil their protein requirements. On the other hand, one should be moderate with one’s diet and not start with the consumption of large quantities of eggs. But, it’s necessary to add farm-fresh eggs to your diet, that’s why Eggoz Nutrition is here where you can buy eggs online after 11 – quality check procedures.